Saturday, February 8, 2014

#4 The Effects of Colorism on Self-Esteem

As displayed in this video, a young woman discusses how colorism, in our society, has negatively effected the self-esteem of women and men. Many women and men who have felt like victims of colorism, say that it has destroyed their self-esteem and confidence in being a person with darker skin. In my opinion, I think this is ridiculous how discrimination against people with darker skin is still present in the twenty-first century. Of course I believe that discrimination and segregation between different races should have never occurred and I would have thought that society would have moved past this and grown to respect people of all races. Although colorism still exists in our society and media today, not everyone is prejudice or ignorant towards others and I do believe that we are and can progress in our beliefs and treatment of others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment